Google Ads Auto Applied Recommendations: Every setting, explained
Google Ads features 35 Auto Applied Recommendations. Let’s take a look at what each one means.
Google Auto Applied bid settings
- Upgrade your conversion tracking with data-driven attribution – a Google Ads setting that automatically compares the behaviours of non-converting and converting customers.
- Bid more efficiently with enhanced CPC – an automated cost-per-click bidding strategy.
- Bid more efficiently with target impression share – target impression share is an automated strategy aimed at putting your ad at the very top of the search page, maximizing impressions.
- Bid more efficiently with Target CPA – an automated bidding strategy designed to provide a targeted cost-per-action.
- Bid more efficiently with Target ROAS – an automated process to define your target return on advertising spend, or cost-per-conversion.
- Bid more efficiently with maximize Clicks – another automated strategy, this time to maximize traffic to your website.
- Bid more efficiently with maximize conversions – similar to the above, but the process seeks to maximize conversions with qualified traffic rather than seeking to boost traffic volume.
- Adjust your CPA targets – adjusts your targeted cost-per-action, mentioned above.
- Adjust ROAS Targets for max conversion bid – adjusts your targeted return on advertising spend.
- Marginal ROI – Target ROAS Lowering – automatically improve ad margins by reducing target ROAS.
Google Auto Applied ads and extensions settings
- Use optimized ad rotation – automating the rotation of different types of ads, including extended text ads and responsive search ads.
- Test new ad text for repeatedly used phrases – spotting text that has been repeated in ads to optimize search performance.
- Add callouts to your ads – adding information automatically to your advertisements.
- Add sitelink extensions to your ads – automatically adding additional links from your website to the ad.
- Add descriptions to your sitelinks – auto-generated descriptions to all added links.
- Add structured snippet extensions to your ads – uses schema on your pages to create structured data snippets for your ad.
- Create new versions of your ads – automated updates for your existing advertisements.
- Create Dynamic Search Ads – using database information on your pages to create dynamic ads that respond to specific search terms, like searches for particular products.
- Add responsive search ads – responsive search ads support numerous descriptions and titles, which are displayed based upon the search terms used.
- Add responsive display ads – allows different ads to be displayed depending on the device or browser type used.
- Add assets to your responsive search ads – creates responsive search ads with extra ad components to increase conversion.
- Improve your responsive search/display ads – automatic improvements and optimization for responsive search and display ads.
Google Auto Applied keywords and targeting settings
- Expand your reach with Google Search Partners – advertise via Google’s additional Search Partners.
- Remove redundant keywords – automatically removes any keywords that Google deems redundant, i.e., those that are too similar.
- Remove non-serving keywords – removes keywords not linked to your product or service.
- Pause poorly performing keywords – temporarily halts the campaign for keywords that are underperforming.
- Add new keywords – automatically adds new keywords to the advertisement.
- Add phrase or broad match versions of your keywords – adds extra versions of keywords considered to be a broad match to your existing targeted phrases.
- Add negative keywords – automatically chooses keywords to disavow, such as words with multiple meanings that might confuse search engines.
- Remove conflicting negative keywords – removes any negative keywords that are being actively targeted in search terms.
- Add audience reporting – supports audience analytic reporting for your ad campaign.
- Adjust your keyword match versions – automatically changes the way that keywords are matched.
- Broad match for fully automated conversion-based bidding – grows the reach of your automated bidding campaigns to get more conversions.
- Display targeting expansion – expands the audience of targeted display campaigns.
Google Auto Applied repairs settings
- Fix your ad text – auto-checks and corrects errors in ad text.
Get More from Your Ad Campaigns with Optimized Webmedia
Reach out to our team today and start getting more from your digital marketing and Google Ads campaigns.