Solve Bigger Problems
Build unstoppable growth with a Fractional CMO
Grow Faster with a Fractional Chief Marketing Officer
+ Expertise you need
Don’t rely on inexperienced marketers to dictate your business’s overall marketing strategy. Bring in a Fractional CMO to provide a comprehensive marketing plan for your business.
+ Cost you can afford
You don’t need a top-heavy organization with a full-time CMO on staff. A CMO provides you with the insights and reporting you need, without the high price.
+ Self-managing executives
A CMO lightens your workload by managing all aspects of your company’s marketing department. From vendors to employees, a Fractional CMO acts as an executive.
What is a Fractional CMO?
A Fractional CMO is a marketing executive to help with customer acquisition, sales development and company growth. Your company gets executive experience without the full-time cost. The idea of a mid-sized company hiring a fractional executive is not new. Virtual CFOs, for example – pioneered by companies like Tatum and vcfo – have been around for decades. They can bring incredible value to companies where having a full-time CFO wouldn’t make sense, either fiscally or even practically due to the typical scope of challenges needing attention. At Chief Outsiders, we provide that same kind of value to your marketing department.
A Fractional CMO is an experienced marketing executive who works with a business on a fractional basis, with a focus on:
- Defining marketing strategy
- Translating marketing strategy into action and results
- Managing, growing, and mentoring the company’s marketing team
- Driving sales growth
The idea of mid-sized companies hiring fractional executives is not new, though there has been significant growth in this practice over the past several years. A fractional CMO can bring incredible value to companies where having a full-time CMO wouldn’t make sense, either fiscally or even practically due to the typical scope of challenges needing attention.
With more than 125 experienced CMOs from a wide variety of disciplines, the Chief Marketing Officers from Chief Outsiders become a key part of your executive team — prepared with decades of experience and insights that they use to take a holistic view of your business.
Fractional CMOs from Chief Outsiders work with you to develop strategic insights, formulate branding strategy, and oversee a marketing transformation that will get you – and keep you – on top of your competitive marketplace. They embed with your leadership team and seek to understand your business objectives in order to to develop fresh and impactful marketing strategies that will drive growth for your organization. With their experience running the marketing function and developing marketing talent, they can transform your team into a lead machine, driving sales growth.
Because our experienced professionals are available for fractional engagements, they are a more affordable option than hiring a full-time CMO or marketing agency. And they deliver with excellence, earning more than 2.5 times the industry average Net Promoter Score from their satisfied clients.
Fractional CMO Responsibilities
- Developing the marketing strategy for both the short-term and long-term.
- Deciding and committing to which marketing strategies are best for your business, such as SEO, content marketing, paid advertising, or a podcast, etc.
- Solving marketing problems that will arise and need to be resolved quickly.
- Leading the marketing department and inspiring team members.
- Hiring new employees and building out your team for success.
- Working with outsourced agencies leaning on their experience.
Your Fractional CMO should have a wealth of marketing and managerial experience. Therefore, the Fractional CMO should be the natural leader of the marketing team. In addition to leadership qualities, a good Fractional CMO is to be seen as the c-suite level marketing strategist who helps organizations achieve their marketing goals. Your Fractional CMO from CMO Exponential works closely with both your organization’s leadership team and the marketing talent executing the marketing tactics on a day-to-day basis.
Fractional CMO Services
Today’s business challenges are more complex than ever before. Companies must continually adapt your product or service to meet the needs of today’s marketplace while delivering a solid return on investment (ROI). The answer to increasing sales lies in creating a comprehensive marketing strategy to connect with buyers and accelerate revenue growth. Such an important effort requires the skills of an experienced marketing professional.
At the strategic level, a fractional CMO can deliver marketing plans, lead competitive intelligence efforts, identify and manage progress toward KPIs – in essence, building a marketing machine that you can rely upon. Plus, they’re adept at working alongside the CEO and embedding with your executive level leadership – trusted with working on high-level business objectives that are the foundation of your company’s goals.
Chief Outsiders fractional CMO services can help your company:
- Develop marketing campaigns
- Manage external marketing agencies
- Oversee sales enablement programs
- Spearhead branding efforts, and
- Execute product launches, demand generation campaigns, and channel marketing initiatives.
Our fractional CMOs can help ensure that your company is meeting its strategic objectives, including key performance indicators, and is maximizing the return from its overall marketing operations.
How A Fractional CMO Can Help
Of course, most businesses don’t have the capital available to bring in a high-priced, full-time CMO. They don’t want to make a huge commitment, and they don’t want to overhaul everything they’re currently doing. Instead, they just want some gentle nudges in the right direction from someone who knows what they’re talking about.
Enter a fractional CMO from Chief Outsiders. Instead of bringing in a permanent executive at an executive salary, you can instead hire a CMO that acts as a consultant to your business. You not only get the direction you need, but you also get a wealth of experience. Every Chief Outsiders outsourced CMO comes with significant experience in at least two notable organizations, giving you the peace of mind that comes with bringing in someone with proven knowledge and expertise.
Best of all, using the fractional CMO services of Chief Outsiders gives you much more than one new face in your company. If your CMO doesn’t have an answer, he or she can quickly get it from someone with experience in that exact scenario. There’s nothing you can’t achieve through our virtual CMO services.
How Does A Fractional CMO Work, and What does a Fractional CMO Do?
A fractional CMO, in short, is expected to function as an integral member of your senior leadership team. They are experienced industry marketing executives who know how to be accountable to the C-suite, and are expected to oversee execution and deliver results. A fractional CMO also has a hands-on approach with your existing marketing resources to focus on business growth, audience growth, and implement account-based management strategies.
As lead executive responsible for your marketing efforts, a fractional CMO carries the weight of such responsibilities as influencer marketing, digital marketing, conversion rate optimization, SEO, paid media, marketing automation, and account-based marketing. They can also guide private-equity-owned businesses through the key milestones set forth by the PE firm.
Reasons a business needs Fractional CMO services:
- Marketing Leadership: Your marketing department requires leadership from an experienced marketing professional. In addition to leading the marketing team, a leader is required in terms of decision-making.
- Marketing Strategy: Your business needs a comprehensive marketing strategy for your niche and industry. Such as a Fractional CMO with years of experience in SaaS or private equity.
- Part-time CMO: You require the skill set of a chief marketing officer, but not for the 40 hours per week that a full-time CMO will be. Even if you need a Fractional CMO for only 5 hours per week, or 20. Your agreement is flexible.
- Experience: You have staff to execute marketing campaigns, but they lack strategic experience. Therefore, you need someone who has done it before and can foresee challenges and obstacles.
- Reporting & KPIs: You need to monitor the health and progress of your campaigns and have someone lead weekly KPIs meetings. Namely, so your team has accountability and is always results-focused.
- Optimization: You need to improve marketing campaign optimization by having an expert identify opportunities and new possibilities.
- Efficiency: Your existing marketing team’s efficiency is below optimal. You need leadership and management to maximize efficiency for your marketing department.
- Go-to-market Strategy: You are a startup or are launching a new product or service for your business. You will need a new marketing plan for the short-term and the next few years. Your digital marketing efforts need to be precisely planned out so your marketers know exactly what to do. Additionally, they need to know what marketing initiatives and key performance indicators are a sign of success.
SEO, GOOGLE ADS, PPC, DIGITAL MARKETING SOCIAL MEDIA, AMAZON, WEB DESIGN
What our clients say
about our studio.
I have worked with Optimized Webmedia Marketing since the start of the year. Since starting to work with them, we have seen a significant increase in sales through our PPC campaigns. The team is great to work with, they are always professional, very detailed and always deliver work on time. Highly recommend!
Optimized Webmedia Marketing provides great SEO, PPC, and Digital Marketing Services.They really care about their clients, they are responsive and professional, and get great results.I highly recommend this Digital Marketing Agency.
We have been working with Optimized Webmedia Marketing since our company was young. They handled all our web related promotions and designs since day one. With their help and support, we were able to boost our clientele super fast and become one of the top companies in lower mainland. Their knowledge of digital marketing is next to none and we highly recommend their service to all business owners!